What does the ONVZ Vrije Keuze basic health-care plan cover?
Depending on your situation, you may need to take out Dutch health insurance if you are coming to the Netherlands. If you do not know if you need to take out health insurance in the Netherlands, then you can contact the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB). Please check with the SVB whether your circumstances require you to have Dutch health insurance.
The basic health-care plan covers a significant portion of unavoidable medical expenses, such as hospitalisation, medical specialist assistance, GP visits and medicines. The ONVZ Vrije Keuze basic health-care plan allows you to choose your own care provider for almost all types of care. Read more about our freedom of choice.
Key benefits ONVZ basic health-care plan
- your GP (General Practitioner)
- medical specialist assistance
- outpatient visits and hospitalisation
- dental care for those aged up to 18 years
- medical appliances and medicines
- elective or emergency treatments abroad
- maternity care and obstetric care
- patient transport
- forms of paramedical care
Not all medical costs are covered by the basic health-care plan. Take out one of our supplementary health-care plans for more extensive coverage.